Social Issues Book Club Reflection
I think my best response was:
I think that Jason is to mournful about himself because all he does is feel sorry for himself like on page 81 it says, “ I wish I could change one letter and make everything better.
But I can’t, Daddy.”
This shows that Jason keeps wanting to change things when he doesn’t look at the other side, and he is very mournful because he keeps dwelling over the fact that he can’t do things that many people can, and he should at least try to get over that fact.
I think my best reflection was:
I think I was good at participating in the discussion, and I shared my thoughts a lot. I was good at piggy - BACQing. I think I would have gotten a Meets-Exemplary for Verbal, and Exemplary on Non-Verbal on this discussion.
I think I need to give other people more of a chance to talk because sometimes I keep cutting into something that someone else says.
A new idea that I heard that made me think differently about the text was when Lexa said that the teachers don’t understand Jason. This made me think that the teachers don’t understand Jason, and it made me think about why Jason is going to a public school instead of a special needs school.
My goal to achieve was:
Soak in and understand the text.
I think that I have achieved this goal because I really tried to read slower than I usually, do and I soaked in everything about the book, and this made me like the book even more.
The video is here: http://youtu.be/Pulaow4scPc
I think that Jason is to mournful about himself because all he does is feel sorry for himself like on page 81 it says, “ I wish I could change one letter and make everything better.
But I can’t, Daddy.”
This shows that Jason keeps wanting to change things when he doesn’t look at the other side, and he is very mournful because he keeps dwelling over the fact that he can’t do things that many people can, and he should at least try to get over that fact.
I think my best reflection was:
I think I was good at participating in the discussion, and I shared my thoughts a lot. I was good at piggy - BACQing. I think I would have gotten a Meets-Exemplary for Verbal, and Exemplary on Non-Verbal on this discussion.
I think I need to give other people more of a chance to talk because sometimes I keep cutting into something that someone else says.
A new idea that I heard that made me think differently about the text was when Lexa said that the teachers don’t understand Jason. This made me think that the teachers don’t understand Jason, and it made me think about why Jason is going to a public school instead of a special needs school.
My goal to achieve was:
Soak in and understand the text.
I think that I have achieved this goal because I really tried to read slower than I usually, do and I soaked in everything about the book, and this made me like the book even more.
The video is here: http://youtu.be/Pulaow4scPc
Well done on achieving your goal Suhani. A question I have regarding your response is whether or not you have just discussed an element of plot, or have you thought deeper to the author's meaning or message? Are you able to explore theme or social meaning through the book?
ReplyDelete