The Typical Height of a 6th Grader

What is the height of a typical 6th grader at SAS?

The height of a typical height of a sixth grader at SAS is 60.8 inches tall. I found this by finding the mean of the set of data I had.

How do you compare?

I am shorter that the height of a typical sixth grader because I am only 56 inches tall, where as the typical height of a 6th grader at SAS is 60.8 inches tall.

Does the height of 6th grader have a lot of variability? How do you know?

The height of a 6th grader at SAS has a little bit of variability because using the IQR (interquartile range), I know that if I calculated Q1, Q2, and Q3, I would find the quartile range, and it wouldn't be very big, which means that the height of a 6th grader doesn't vary (or doesn't jump from a small number to a very large number). I can also find this out by subtracting the smallest height from the largest height. Since the number is not very big in my set of data, the height of a 6th grader doesn't have a lot of variability, because somebody's height could even be 10 inches tall (maybe less) going up to 100 inches tall (maybe even more).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sticking It On Floor

Final Blog