Science Semester Reflection

      During this semester, we learned about a variety of things. We learned about genes, DNA, microscopes, heredity, natural selection, cow eyes, and more. Science is something that I enjoy, and I find it very fascinating to discover things, as I am a curious person. This first semester also addressed different DSLO's, but I'm going to be focusing on character, collaboration, critical thinking, and content knowledge.

Character
      First, we have character. I chose character as one of my DSLO's to write about because I feel like this is something that matters to me. I really like science because I am really curious. In this first semester of science, we learned about stuff that made my curiosity spark, and I was really interested. It made my character different, and I learned about things that I had never even though about before (genes, heredity, natural selection, cow eyes). I found it really amazing to learn about how things work, and they actually mattered to me because they are happening right now, inside of me! This really helped build my character and let some of my characteristics shine. I was nice to peers and I also helped them if they needed it. We stayed on task, while still having fun and talking.


Collaboration
      Next, I chose to write about collaboration. This was definitely covered in this semester. We had multiple partners that we had to work with, because we changed seats. I really liked this because I got to know people who I didn't know that well. It was really fun to work with these people because instead of working alone, I got to do something with a friend, which made it really interesting. It was nice to have two brains working on a problem, especially when we needed help, or if it was a hard problem. Without collaboration, science would be very different. I'm so glad I got to work with other people around me! While collaborating, I got work done and so did my peers. It is a very good life skill to have, and I think I did well in collaborating with peers.


Critical Thinking
      For my third DSLO to write about, I chose critical thinking. In science, we have to use critical thinking all the time. Usually, we have assignments that we have to finish in class, which requires us to use critical thinking. We always have to use our brains to figure things out. For the heredity unit, I felt like I had to think a lot in that because it was a topic where you had to grasp many concepts, and you had to really think about everything you were doing. This was true for all topics. We also had to use a lot of critical thinking for the hot water problem, because we had to make hypotheses which required thinking about the problem and what you think will happen. In tests and in projects, I always try my best to do the best work and thinking I can.
Content Knowledge
      Lastly, I chose content knowledge. Content knowledge seems really obvious, because it shows up in all classes. In science, we learned about many things, as stated in the intro. If I didn't know something, I would look it up, or ask a friend. This helped my knowledge build up, and I learned A LOT of things in this semester. I also try to the best of my ability in all assignments and activates, because I know it will help my knowledge and I know that it is important and that it matter, otherwise we wouldn't be learning it.
      Overall, I'm really happy how this semester went. I learned about so many things in science, and about myself. Character, collaboration, critical thinking, and content knowledge are just a few of the things I have learned this semester. I'm really glad that I am someone who enjoys and is curious about science, and I look forward to next semester!

3 assignments I have completed:
Cow Eye Dissection
Runaway Tennis Ball
The Hot Water Problem

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sticking It On Floor

Final Blog