To The Best Airline In The World, United!

Dear United,
Thank you.
Thank you for letting me "have a pleasant flight".

The truth is, there is no way I can have a pleasant flight on United airlines because of the excuses.
SO MANY EXCUSES.

This winter break, I was flying on United airlines from Singapore to San Francisco on a 16 hour DIRECT flight. The evening started off okay, my mom and I got boarded and everything seemed okay. Little did we know what was to come because the doom was just beginning. We were sitting in our seats on the plane for a while already, and were wondering what happened.

It was just then when the announcement boomed over us.
"Hello ladies and gentlemen, thank you for choosing United airlines. Unfortunately, one of our crew members injured himself, and won't be able to make it onto this flight. According to our boss, we are unable to fly directly to SFO with only 3 crew members. We are going to have to make an unplanned stop in Honolulu to get a new crew member on board to help bring you to SFO. Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused, and we expect to only be delayed by 1 hour."

This is when the lies started spilling out.

First of all, how hard is it to get another pilot to fly a plane? Next, Honolulu and SFO are very nearby, so is it going to kill you to just fly a few more hours to actually make this a direct flight? Oh, and I'm not done.

Did I mention that this flight ended up being 6.
hours.
late?

Not one, two, three, or even for hours close to your "expected delay time".

Well I hope you realize that because of the lies and excuses you told us, you ruined people's connections, people's plans, and on top of that we had no way of contacting our family to tell them we would be late! My mom and I sat in that "Dreamliner" plane for 3 hours before we actually took off from Singapore.

3 whole hours.

Once we reached Honolulu, it took ANOTHER 3 hours to get ONE NEW PILOT. And by that time you can just imagine how much my mom and I were ready to explode. I mean, what do you expect someone to do for 24 hours on a plane? Well maybe it's only one flight, but from what I've heard, MANY people have had bad experiences with your company.

So once again, I thank you.

I surely did have a pleasant flight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sticking It On Floor

Final Blog