Koi Fish Ceramics


Fish Installation
Fish 1
Fish 2
Pre fired Photo



Pre fire photo

Construction
Using the A, B, C, D and F scale, please rate your work in these areas...
  1. Construction: A
  2. Detail: A
  3. Balance: A
  4. Glazing: A

Explain your self-assessment below.
For construction, I think that I was able to make the fish look realistic. The shape looks undulated and I tried to give the fins some motion, along with the shape of the tail.

For detail, I think that my scales look really uniform, and I also added gills. I also think the layering of the different sections on the head adds lots of dimension to my fish. I also added nostrils to make the fish look more lifelike.

For balance, however, my tail was a bit of an issue. Before firing it, it was able to stand up on its own. Because of this, I think that the balance in the tail was actually correct, just that while being fired it shrunk unevenly, making it uncontrollable on my part. My other fish pieces can all stand up by themselves really well!

For glazing, I think that the colors I chose really highlight the detail. Specifically, in the yellow and black one, the scales really pop and so does each little detail that was mentioned earlier. In the blue and red one too, I really like the part on the fin that has some ombre included in it.
Fish 1 Glaze photo

Fish 2 Glaze photo

 
Photo of your piece in the installation space.

What do you think of the entire installation and your contribution?

After seeing the installation, I felt like I was part of a larger whole. My small contribution, in coalition with other's pieces, made this look amazing! Each fish has it's own curve, adding motion to the whole piece and making it look like it is flowing through the stairs. I feel like the uniqueness of each fish made the whole installation look really good together as a whole, while also ensuring that the parts of the fish individually looked good. Being a part of these is really honoring as it is a direct display of my work to my peers. I'm so happy to have been a part of this and contribute to something so beautiful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sticking It On Floor

Final Blog