Demographics: So What?


      9 BILLION PEOPLE. What will life be like? I think that demography will impact the world because with more people, there will be water and food shortages because there won't be enough for 9 BILLION people. On the bright side, technology and transportation will be much better, and things will be more efficient. This will be because there will be more people with great ideas to make things happen. There will be an longer life expectancy. New discoveries will be made! This has relevance to my life because I may use the new technology, and I may not have a of of water. Lots of open land that we have will be gone because the 2 billion new people will need houses to stay in, so the houses will be built on the beautiful open land we have. Many more trees will be cut down because of need for paper. Oxygen will also be consumed faster. Global warming will get worse. Demographics will help me in the future because when I am going on vacation (which will be often :) ) I can look at a population pyramid and see if the country is developing or developed, which will give me a good idea of what to pack, and if I really want to go there. I can find out which business will get the most customers, and make a business of that kind.

What skills did I learn?
- Graphing data
- Read and interpret graphs
- Use statistics to explain the past and predict the future

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sticking It On Floor

Final Blog