May 2015 Band Concert Reflection

1. Did you feel well prepared for this performance, why or why not? (ie: Did you do what was expected of you leading up to the concert?)

I felt really well prepared because we had practiced the pieces in class and we practiced the pieces at home. I feel like I did what I was expected of myself because I did my best, had fun, and played my part in the band.

2. What was the strongest part of our performance, and why?

I think the strongest part of this performance was our blending in all of the pieces because all of the instruments came together when they needed to and they became separate when they needed to.

3.  What was the weakest part of our performance, and why? What can we (and you) do to improve for next time?

I think the weakest part of our performance was dynamics. I think it was dynamics because we did the dynamics at the beginning, but we forgot about them at the end because we probably got really excited and forgot about them. We can keep practicing that more and we can practicing changing from piano to forte, and using decrescendos and crescendos.

4. On a scale from 1 to 5, (5 being the best) how would you rate the overall band students’ behavior as audience members for this concert?  Why? (no names please)

On a scale from 1 to 5 I would rate us as a 4.2 because I think that we were really quiet and we were respectful. But I wouldn't give us a 5 because sometimes people were talking a bit loud, but that is it.

5. What was your favorite piece and why?

My favorite piece was The Lost Tomb because it sounded really intense and everybody blends really well. I also liked it because the melody could be heard, but it didn't overpower the harmony.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sticking It On Floor

Final Blog