Poetry 2015
1) What do you know now about poetry that you didn't know before?
I know that poetry doesn't always have to make sense, and it doesn't always have to rhyme or have any technical aspects. I know that a whole book can be made up of poetry.
2) How do your poems demonstrate your knowledge of poetry? Explain with specific examples.
My poems demonstrate my knowledge of poetry because it shows TIME. For example, in the TIME document, you can see all of the parts in this poem where I demonstrated TIME.
3) How did you come up with the idea for this poem?
I do gymnastics, and I wanted to make a poem about how you just have to keep trying in many sports, even when you fail. I also got the idea because all of the hard work and failing pays off when you succeed, and the only way you an learn is by learning form your mistakes, so I wrote this poem to say that you should keep trying, and in the end, everything will pay off.
4) What was your planning process?
My planning process has to do with the idea of the poem, and I wanted to portray a gymnast's floor routine, when they kept falling, but the feeling after when you succeed makes up for all of the falls that happened.
5) How did your poem evolve while writing it?
My poem evolved while I was writing it because of all of the revisions I made. I also changed the text, size and color. I made indents to make a deeper feeling in the poem.
6) What moves did you make as a poet? Explain your revision process.
I decided to do many things such as use repetition and not rhyme. I also revised and changed some words so that they would have a deeper meaning.
7) What feelings or ideas do you hope to instill in your reader?
The feelings I hope the reader to feel is that no matter what, you should keep trying because everything is worth it in the end.





Comments
Post a Comment