PE / Health End of Year Reflection - 6th Grade
PE / Health End of Year Reflection - 6th Grade
Copy these questions to your blog and complete them in class. This will be the last formative assessment of the year so do your best work. Label your blog post “pe”
Write your favorite sports quote and tell who said it and what it means to you.
"Hard days are the best because that's when CHAMPIONS are made." - Gabby Douglas This quote means a lot to me because it reminds me that even though you fall sometimes, all of your hard work pays off. It also means a lot to me because it makes me feel like the days I try hard are the days that I have a chance to become a champion. |
What does wellness mean to you?
Wellness means to be physically and emotionally healthy. It also means to have a positive mind set, and to eat all meals using MyPlate. Wellness also means that you are able to be physically active and have enough energy to do so. |
What do you do on a daily basis to be well and healthy?
I eat most of my meals using MyPlate, and I exercise everyday for 2 hours or more. This makes me physically healthy. To be mentally healthy I always try to keep a positive mind and if I am mad, I try and forget about what made me mad in the first place. |
BRAIN BREAK: 20 Jumping Jacks
|
Rate your enjoyment of PE? 1-5 (1=poor 5=awesome)
What are your favorite things about PE?
I would rate PE a 5 because I like to learn new sports and see if I would want to pursue them as a passion. I also liked PE because in normal classes, we just sit down in a desk and we never really get up and exercise, but when I get to PE I'm always looking forward to getting up and moving around in the day. |
Rate your enjoyment of Health? 1-5 (1=poor 5=awesome)
What are your favorite things about Health?
I would rate Health a 4 because we still had to sit in a desk for a bit of the time, and I like getting up and moving. But, I liked the fact that I could learn about why foods are actually good for you. That really changed my mind set of what I would eat later on in life. |
What would you change about the Health or PE program?
I would change the fact that Health was more oriented around sitting in desks or on the floor. I would also change the fact that PE didn't have a gymnastics unit, because I know that there are a lot of people who wish there is a gymnastics unit, and gymnastics does teach a lot of coordination. |
BRAIN BREAK: 1 minute of push-ups (or as many as you can do in 1 minute)
|
How physically active have you been this year on a weekly basis? Share as many of the sports, select teams, intramural sports or activities that you participated in this year in 6th grade. Include activities you do both in and out of school.
I have done movement (in school), dance, gymnastics, and softball. I have been really physically active this year because for gymnastics, I practice 3 hours from Mon-Thu and 2 1/2 hours on Saturdays, and I had dance in the dance season for 1 hour, 3 days a week. For the softball season, I practice 1 1/2 hours, once a week and I had games every Saturday. This helped me maintain physically fit. |
Finish this sentence. I am a good teammate because…
I always try to be fair and honest, I cooperate with others and I help people if they need it (injured or don't understand the game). |
How have you shown leadership this year in PE? What qualities make you a good leader?
(If you have not taken the opportunity to lead this year what you could do to improve on this next year?) I have shown leadership this year in PE because I tried to be the person who spoke up when somebody needed to take action to do something. I think the qualities that make are a good leader are that I always take action, get things done, and I can cooperate with others.
|
What is your strongest area of physical fitness? (strength, flexibility, cardio respiratory endurance) Which area do you need to work on?
My strongest area of physical fitness is strength because since I do gymnastics, we do conditioning everyday which makes me strong. I think I can work on cardio respiratory endurance because I get tired after running a KM, and I think I can work on running faster, having better form, and improving my cardiovascular muscles. |
Why do you think being physically active is important?
I think being physically active is important because that shapes you for the rest of your life because if you aren't physically active when you grow up, it will be hard to come back when you are older and try and become fit. |
BRAIN BREAK: One minute of sit-ups
|
Describe your strengths and weaknesses eating ‘MyPlate’ 3 meals a day.
My strengths are that I am trying to have each element of MyPlate into my meals, but I think my weakness is that sometimes I forget about MyPlate and I eat a lunch that is unhealthy. |
What is your food goal? (Review your MyPlate blog post) Did you achieve your “food goal” or do you need to continue to work on it?
My food goal was that I can try and drink more water, and to eat more vegetables. I have achieved my goal because I eat all parts of MyPlate in all of my meals, and I have vegetables most of the time in my meals. I also finish 2 big bottles of water (the SAS water bottles). |
How stressed have you been this semester?
I have been stressed in a good way this semester, but I have also had a bit of general stress of finishing off homework in time. |
What two strategies work best for you to reduce stress?
Exercising was an awesome strategy I did because I could do that and my mind wouldn't think about stress. I also like the strategy of just sleeping over it and by the morning, all of my stress would have been gone. |
BRAIN BREAK: Hold the hamstring stretch for 30 seconds x2
|
If you finish early and are proud of your work, you may watch the following videos with your ear buds in.
|
BRAIN BREAK: Run one lap of the track
|
Find your favourite videos which promote lifetime sports or activity or health living and add the link to the following Google Doc.
|
Comments
Post a Comment